Policies & Procedures
Reservations, Cancellation & Late Entry
- Pre-registration for classes; while it is not required, it is encouraged! You may reserve a spot online for a class anytime through the MBO app or our website.
- Reservations are not guaranteed, so please arrive at least 5 minutes early to ensure your spot in class. We recommend that you arrive at least 5 minutes before class to ensure a spot whether or not you have pre-registered!
- There is a 10-minute grace period for 60-minute and 75-minute classes, and 15-minute grace period for 90-minute classes.
- Online reservations may be canceled without penalty until 12 hours before class time. No-shows or cancellations within 12 hours may be charged to your account. Your reserved spot is only held until 5 minutes before class time. At that time, the front desk reserves the right to offer your spot to another student and you will forfeit your class.
- Workshop reservations may only be cancelled by contacting the studio (email@example.com) at least 24 hours before the event, after which there will be no refunds.
- Yoga Mats/Props: Feel free to bring your own yoga mat for practice. We do rent yoga mats for $2, and sell Manduka yoga mats and towels. We also provide blocks, straps, and other yoga props for students’ use during class.
- Phones: We ask that cellphones and all personal electronic devices be put away and silenced during all classes, workshops, and special events. If you have a specific situation that requires you to be “on call”, please inform the teacher before class starts and do your best to be a discreet as possible out of respect for those around you.
- Water: We encourage you to bring your own bottle and fill it up for free with our purified water cooler.
- Parking: Metered parking is available on Grandview Blvd south of Venice, and surrounding blocks (1-2 hour limits). There is unmetered parking without time limit north of Venice on Grandview.
- Boutique: We sell a variety of local and quality yoga-inspired brands in our store. From yoga equipment to books, yoga apparel and accessories – you will find it all. Purchases from our boutique may be exchanged or returned for store credit only. Sale items are FINAL SALE.
- We advise that you take the class most appropriate to your level and goals/interest. Descriptions of all of our classes can be found on the website. When in doubt, ask! Please let the instructor know if you are pregnant and/or have any injuries/limitations at the beginning of class.
Light On Lotus is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items.
- What are your classes like? We offer a range of class styles, but most of the classes on our schedule are vinyasa flow classes inspired by the Lotus Flow style originating at Laughing Lotus NY & SF. These classes involve creative sequencing and transformative asana, throughout a soulful and musical flow. You will also find yin and restorative classes on our schedule, as well as yoga for kids on Sundays!
- How old do I have to be to take class?: 12 and up for our adult classes; we also have kids classes on Sunday mornings during the farmers market for toddlers through age 10. All classes require a signed waiver on file by students aged 18+, or by a parent or guardian.
- Can I take class if I am pregnant? Always inform your teacher before class that you are pregnant, and they will cue you on the proper modifications during class. For new guests, we don’t recommend getting started with a brand new exercise routine during pregnancy. We ask all expecting guests to provide an approval note from your OBGYN giving you permission to exercise during pregnancy.
- Do you have lockers & showers? We do not. There are cubbies inside the studio for students to place their belongings during class. We have a bathroom and 3 changing rooms for you to use before and after class.
- Can I transfer classes to someone else? No, we do not facilitate package sharing.
- Do class packs expire? Yes, regularly-priced 5 & 10-class packs are good or 6 months. 20-packs expire one year from date of purchase. (Please Note: Promotional or discounted packs may have a shorter expiration date; please read the offer thoroughly!)
- Do you offer unlimited class packages? Yes! If you are coming 2x per week or more this is your best option. We have an Annual Membership which is $1008 for the year, or our Monthly Yoga Membership ($108/month), which is our most popular option.
- Tell me more about the Monthly Yoga Membership! For $108 per month, you get unlimited public classes, discounts in the boutique and special perks throughout the year (discount on workshops?). When you sign up, you will provide us with a debit or credit card which will be automatically charged on the 1st of every month; super easy! There is a minimum commitment of three months, after which point you may opt out, with one month notice to required to cancel. You have the option, should you need it, to freeze your membership in one-month increments for up to three months free of charge!
- I am a beginner – what do I do? Welcome! We recommend getting started with a level 1/ 2 class, and letting the teacher know you are a beginner before the start of class. Most of our classes are all-levels and taught in a progression, so you should have options. We would advise avoiding level 2/ 3 classes for the first 6 months of practice.
- Do you have student/senior rates? We do! We offer a 15% discount to students with an ID or seniors over 65. This does not apply to specials, intro offers or workshops. You must have a dated and valid picture ID to claim this discount.
- How do I sign up? You can sign up for classes, workshops or special events through the MindBodyOnline app, or our website.